Wednesday 22 June 2016

My Top 5 Summer Nail Varnish Picks

Hi Everyone!! :)

Now I am a bit obsessed with nail varnish, I must have at least 200 different colours. I have painted my nails every weekend for probably the last 6 years and it's safe to say I love it!

If you would like to see a few of my previous designs you can read all about them here!

I have managed to chose my top 5 summer favourites to share with you.

In the summer I tend to go for the more brighter shades and dare to have a more out there colour so my selection is inspired by that.

Models Own Hyper Gel in Turquoise Gloss

I used to wear this all the time and when I was sorting through my nail varnish I saw this and thought " Oh yeah I remember this one" It's a greeny blue bright shade very similar to Barry M's Greenberry. It is a hypergel formulation which has the salon gel finish with a high shine so you can decide not to put a top coat on.
Barry M Gelly High Shine in Sky Blue

I absolutely love this shade, when this first came out I used to wear it all the time with Barry M Fondant. It is such a bright sky blue shade and is perfect for summer. It is a lot brighter on your nails than what it looks like in the bottle.


Tanya Burr in Bright & Early

I haven't tried a lot of the Tanya Burr nail varnishes but the first one I did try was Bright and Early because I love bright coral shades especially in the summer. If I paint my nails coral I always have to do polka dots on the top, I just love how cute it looks!!
Barry M Coconut Infusion in Laguna

This is my current favourite it's like a bright pastel baby blue. I absolutely love this shade and have worn it countless amount of times. It just looks so creamy and you only need 2 coats to get a fully opaque finish.


Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in On Your Marks

This is more of a daring shade. I don't wear a lot of yellows or orange shades as they don't really go with my skin shade. But I really love this, it's not too bright but not too pale either. The only downside is that it did take three coats to get an opaque finish and my real concern was it did tend to look a bit worn after a few days. It is a really nice colour and perfect for summer days out.


What are your favourite summer shades? I love to try them :)

Thank you for reading.

Natasha x

2 comments:

  1. That Barry M Laguna shade looks so pretty! I also have Tanya Burr Bright and Early and I love the sound of adding polka dots to it, I'll definitely be trying that out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laguna is one of my favourites! :)
    I add polka dots to near enough any colour ha!! Barry M nail art pens are just perfect for doing that x

    ReplyDelete

Comment Away........