Sunday 12 June 2016

My Easy Steps on Being Healthy

Good Evening :)

Hope you're all having a good day!

I have never wrote a blog post on healthy eating before but thought I'd share a few of my tips with you :)

I'm not obsessed with my health, I have a healthy diet and have the occasional takeaway. I think everything in moderation is right for me and works. These are just a few tiny tips too help towards a healthy lifestyle which are just such small changes in your life.

1) Aloe Vera Juice - I do have a cap of Aloe Vera juice everyday which I think has really helped. I've been having this for the past year and can notice the difference a lot in digestion and I haven't had many acid problems since. Since taking this I haven't had one illness or virus not even a cold. I didn't have a lot anyway but Aloe Vera juice does help build up your immune system. I have also noticed a reduction in breakouts and this does help towards healthy skin and has been shown to improve acne. I have noticed my hair growth has also improved and didn't realise until recently that Aloe Vera juice actually encourages hair growth.

2) Herbal Teas - I love herbal teas, I'd choose them over anything. I have a lot of chamomile, honey and green teas. My favourite brand is Pukka, they have such an array of different flavours and the packaging is so cute. I absolutely love mint tea it helps improve digestion and even relaxes the body so that is definitely good. If I have a stomach ache or if some sort of food has irritated it, a mint tea always calms it down and I instantly feel better. 

3) Pescatarian - I am a pescatarian, which basically means I don't eat any meat apart from fish. I never have done and to all the people who say that it is unhealthy, I totally disagree. I always have loads of energy, happy, healthy (like I said above I hardly ever get ill) There's always a stigma that if you don't eat meat you don't get certain vitamins or minerals but you can get it from other sources. I have a lot of Quorn products which are loaded with Protein. 

4) Wholemeal - I do still have the occasional white piece of bread but just a simple change to wholemeal or a granary bread is so good and full of fibre. It even tastes so much better. I even have wholewheat pasta and wholegrain rice. 

5) What I don't have - I never have any sort of fizzy pop, I have the odd takeaway probably once every two months and I rarely have alcohol.

Also........ 

I think how healthy your mind also come into this. I downloaded an app called Doze which is so simple to use. It has a playlist of calming tracks from piano to ambient or thunderstorms. I think just simply listening to one track a day which lasts roughly ten minutes is so calming and soothing.

How you enjoyed this different type of blogpost. I'd just like to point out that I am not a nutritionist or an expert in any way, these are just a few things that work for me so I just wanted to share these with you.

Thank you for reading.

Natasha x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away........