Sunday 29 May 2016

Everyday Make Up - Highstreet Edition

Hi Everyone,

I love experimenting with makeup and I am nowhere near any sort of make-up expert or hardly know what I'm doing but what I do seems to be ok ha! ;)

I'm just going to run down what I use as a quick way to get ready in the morning for work using only highstreet products. I probably do things in the wrong order but it works for me ;)

After I've moisturised and primed I start with the base which is the Fresh Nude Foundation in the shade Chelsea Porcelain 010 from The Body Shop. It is the perfect shade for my skin and blends so well. I apply this with my Real Techniques Sponge. I only use the smallest amount but the coverage lasts all day. I then apply the Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair from Collection. I apply this to any blemishes and under my eyes and blend it in with my BeautyBlender. Even after using just these two products I can already notice my skin is looking more smooth and even toned.

I then dab a tiny bit of the Perfect Light Pressed Powder in the shade Translucent from No.7. I absolutely love this product, I've used it for years and it totally helps cover up anything the concealer doesn't :) 

I don't have a particular routine at this part, I tend to just do the rest in a random order ;)

To highlight I use the Strobe and Glow Highlight Kit by MUA. It has both a creme and a powder highlight, I only use the powder one in the morning and just sweep that across the top of my cheekbone, down the centre of my nose and under my chin. It has the perfect glisten to it and add a little dimension to my cheekbones.

I then use the Loreal Blush Sculpt in the shade 201 Soft Rosy. I use my Real Technique Blush Brush to sweep across the palette and apply to my cheeks. I like use all three shades as I think they work so well together and blend so easily.

When I go to work I don't wear any eyeshadow or do a lot with my eyes so I apply the Kohl Pencil in Black by Barry M. It is so easy to apply and lasts all day, I did have problems trying to find pencil eyeliner that didn't smudge and run throughout the day and seemed to have found one. I then apply a tiny bit of Benefits Tinted Primer for my eyelashes and it makes them look fuller and longer without having a heavy load of mascara on.

If I need to I do apply a bit of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in any areas that need too.

To finish off I use a lip oil by Barry M. I am so in love with these, both of them are so moisturising and nourishing. The Berry one has a slight tint to it which is the perfect finishing touch.

What highstreet products do you use? Let me know, I'd love o try them?

Thank you for reading.

Natasha x

P.S - Just a quick note on June 26th my mum and I are running 10K to raise money for Cancer Research in their Race for Life. If you can please donate to the good cause on the link below even if it's as little as 20p everything helps :) thank you!


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued by the strobe and glow kit and definitely need to keep an eye out for it. I love the L'oreal Blush Sculpt too and have been using it non-stop recently :) Good luck with your 10K! I'm always inspired by anyone who takes on a challenge like this as it's somthing that I can't see myself ever managing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used more expensive ones but always go back to the MUA one, it was only about £6 in Superdrug :)
      Me too, I like how you can have a more subtle look or make it a bit more blushed with the one product!
      Awww thank you, I did the 5k a few years ago so thought I'd up the challenge this time ;) x

      Delete

Comment Away........