Tuesday 24 September 2019

Simple Tips to Calm Anxiety for a Good Nights Sleep

Hi everyone and welcome back 😘

Hope you all had a good weekend and a great start to the week so far! Like I said in my last post I can't believe it's nearly October but I am living for it, I love this time of year, Autumn and the run up to Christmas is my all time fave!!!! 🎄 🎅

If you've read my blog for a while you will know that I have spoken very openly about my anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I like to share my experiences to try and help anyone out who is going through a similar time and I have had such a positive response from them. 

My post today is a few simple tips to try and have a good nights sleep....hopefully anxiety free!!! 

I have had no end of nights where I can't get to sleep or I wake up short of breath and struggling to concentrate on breathing.

The one thing I will always recommend is a pillow spray. I have used so many and they're so many brands such as Sanctuary Spa, Champneys, Feather and Down and my favourite This Works. They all have a calming lavender and Chamomile scent which instantly makes you feel so much calmer. Not only do they smell nice, make you feel calm but they also give you a good nights sleep. I notice the difference in my quality of sleep if I forget to use it. I even recommended them to people who just simply couldn't get to sleep and it's helped them so much! 🛏

These a quite similar to the pillow sprays but I also use anti stress/relaxing roll ons. All you need to do is roll some on your pressure points like your wrists or on your neck and the scent will naturally calm you down. I always carry one in my hand bag, in case of any emergencies!!!

I have so many calming, relaxation, quote books which have so many small tips to de-stress and have a calmer state of mind. I always find reading a book before bed slows down my brain and stops any of those annoying thoughts and worries. Also I can literally read 2 pages and fall asleep because reading makes me tired 😅

I use quite a few apps that have either relaxing music or breathing exercises. The main ones I use are Calm, Headspace and Doze. Doze is probably my favourite it is so simple to use with loads of different music styles like rainfall, piano, ambient etc. 

The rainbow in the picture is a stress rainbow (like a stress ball) I just thought it looked pretty ha! 🌈

What do you do to get yourself ready for bed? Do you recommend any products/apps etc?

Thank you for reading as always.

Tash x

2 comments:

  1. Amazing way to calm and relax the mind. I always use natural stress relief oil for relieving stress. It is works more faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo thank you, I may give that a go. I'm always looking for new things to try 😊 x

      Delete

Comment Away........