Saturday 23 May 2015

Preparing for a holiday.....

So I'm going on holiday two weeks exactly today and even though I'm staying in the UK and not going abroad I still have to prepare and think of what things I need to take and also what I need to buy before I go.

Toiletries

Toiletries take up sooo much room especially things like shampoo, conditioner and bubble bath. So I decided to go and but the mini travel size bottles not only do they save room but they look so so cute!! 

I also took the opportunity to buy a few products which I wanted to try in mini form before I bought the full size product.

I have heard so much about the Organix Shampoo and Conditioner so I bought the travel size Argan Oil of Morocco and the Coconut Milk. I can't wait to use these I'm even tempted to use them now. I also bought the Lee Stafford Poker Straight Shampoo and Conditioner which is an all time fave of mine.


I also got a mini Palmers Olive Butter, Ted Baker Spray, The Sanctuary Body Wash and a Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash.

All of the above products were on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots or Superdrug. They will take up so little room compared to if I take the full size products. For a weeks holiday I think the small ones are enough because I'm not going to use a full size product in a week.

Transporting Make Up and Brushes

I try and protect my make up brushes as much as possible especially with them being expensive so I was looking for something I could put them in which would cause too much damage. I came across a cute pencil case which looked perfect and was super affordable. It's metallic pink with scalloped edges and a fringed zip. The inside is what sold it to me, it has little houses and hills on the material. I also bought another one to put eyeliners, mascaras, concealer etc in. The inside of that one had the sea and seagulls.


What clothes do I take?

Being in the UK you never know what clothes to wear on a day to day basis with the weather changing it's mind every couple of minutes let alone having to decide for a week. And then there's the limited space in your suitcase!! What I do is pre plan outfits so I only take what I need and know I will wear. I also make sure I take a few extra tops and an extra pair of jeans just in case the weather is really bad!! :(




What if I forget something?

I've started writing a list of all the things I always forget which is the same each year. I remember one year I forgot my jewellery. The number 1 thing I forget and want instantly is hair bobbles so each time I go away I end up having to buy them which now leaves me with loads at home!!!! I think a list is the best way of not forgetting something but don't do what I did and forget about the list, or they day before you go after using a product think if you need it and pack it straight away while you're thinking about it and hopefully that will jog your memory to think of other things.


I hope this helps in some sort of way. I do apologise for some of the pictures qualities, it's one of them days where the sun goes in and out every 10 seconds.  What do you do before a holiday to remember what to take or do you but travels sizes too?

Thank you for reading,

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away........