Sunday 17 January 2021

Dealing with Anxiety and Panic Attacks during a Pandemic!!!

Good Morning/Afternoon & Evening for whatever time of the day you are reading this 😊

Happy New Year (I know it's a few weeks late) hope everyones well and dealing as best as you can with the current pandemic! 😶

I haven't wrote a blog post in what feels like forever for one thing and another but felt it was time to get typing not only because I actually have the motivation but I feel like it will help with my mental health.

If you've read my blog for a while you know I have ups and downs with my mental health and have done for over 10 years now. In 2019 it actually really improved but after a very rubbish end to that year by bein made redundant from my first job of 8 and a half years it was safe to say my mental health had slipped a bit. So 2020 started by looking for a new job which luckily I within a couple of weeks and I am still working now but then we were all hit with the lockdown and we all know what happened from there. I am someone of routine and likes to know what I'm doing and where I'm going. So not being able to the normal things I'm used to has really affected me as well as not being able to see anyone.

Im going to be honest I can easily cover up how I'm feeling until it gets too much and the cracks start to show. I'm having more bad days now than good days not so much in terms of feeling anxious but I have more physical symptoms such as tiredness, lazyness, stomach upset and skin problems. I think for me these are actually worse because they make me feel all the more anxious and I get stuck in a cycle!!

I have found so many different things that work but then when I have another cycle of anxiety attacks the same things don't seem to work anymore. The one thing I have found that works for me is CBD Oil. I was very sceptical about using this at first but I've been using it for around 7 months now and I can 100% see the difference, it takes the edge of the anxiety but it also helps really well with PMS or PMDD. If you have really bad depression or bouts of feeling down around your cycle I highly recommend this. I was having moments where I have never felt so sad in my life for no reason at all but sicne using this it has been no where near as bad at all and it also really helps with period cramps. I used to have them so bad I couldn't walk or literally wanted to just cry all the time and it's helped improve them so much. (Click here to read more about "The Truth about that time of the month)

I buy mine from Holland and Barrett which is the double strength version and also so I know it's safe and from a verified supplier.

I think it's a time to really look after yourself and enjoy the small things like having a nice hot bath or enjoying a good book with a hot chocolate. Even writing one positive thing about your day in a notebook each day to reflect on.

It's not easy and I'm the first to admit that just start by day to day and then make little things to look forward to at the weekend. Like watching a film or having a pamper! I look forward to just simply walking to the shop on a Saturday morning simply for something to do and gets loads of snacks! 😊

Luckily I fill most of my week days by working so I still have that weekend feeling but it's obviously not the same as it used to be and we have to hold on to the hope that one day it will.

I'm going to try and post some helpful blog posts with some fun things in between to hopefully take you away even if it is for 5 or 10 minutes of your day. 

Thank you for reading and my next blog post will be my all time favourite and highly recommended sleep sprays 😊

Tash x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away........